Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Tickle

It's a fine summer's evening, the kids are taking advantage of the post dinner twilight and scampering in the yard before it's time to begin the bedtime ritual. I'm busily working on the computer, slowly slogging my way through my homework at the coffee table when BW bursts into the house and runs to my side.

"Mama! Wanna know what a tickle feels like?"

Before I can respond, he takes his cupped hands and dumps the contents onto my hurriedly outstretched hands and homework.

I can honestly say that I know what a tickle feels like. I now also know how difficult it is to try and capture what seemed like hundreds of roly-polys that were scrambling for dark crevices, desperate to escape the clutches of a small boy.

The best part... I was wearing shorts. I now know what it's like to move at the speed of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment