Thursday, August 25, 2011

Days of the Week

We met on a Tuesday twenty years ago when a friend introduced us via a comedy of errors, and we became fast friends.

It was on a cold autumn's Wednesday that he walked with me as I worked through emotions about life, relationships and the complexity of people and the vast future ahead.

On a Thursday later that year he wrapped his arms about me and said 'I love you.'

On a Saturday before break, he asked for my hand. Nine months of Saturdays later I said 'I do'.

We moved to Colorado on a hot summer's Wednesday, and started our careers on Monday.

We first saw our home on a Wednesday, and got the keys and moved in on Friday, later that spring.

Our son was born on a Saturday, after many hours of labor; his sister on a Thursday after many, many sleepless nights.

Together Charles and I have spent nearly 7 thousand days together 6,585 of which we've shared a married life. I wouldn't be who I am today, nor would I be able to tackle the challenges of mama, student, wife, lover and hopefully future healer without his support, love and encouragement.

On this, our 18th anniversary, a Sunday by-the-way, we stand together and celebrate all of the joys, sorrows and challenges that we've faced and those yet to be.

I love you my husband, my Charles, my friend and I hope that it is with you that we paddle the streams and raging rivers of another year - I can't imagine how I'd manage it without you, and I certainly wouldn't want to.





No comments:

Post a Comment