Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Tangled Yarn

I just published what is likely my last post on my prior blog. And while those words left me feeling a bit of sadness, the overwhelming feeling is of warmth, comfort and joy. And an eagerness that is irritating the hell out of my little family.

Over the last several months I've come to realize that along the way I have outgrown this blog, this space that has allowed me to work through and share so many many adventures. I am no longer the 'CAD Monkey' of a Landscape Architect that took to the 'Internets' to try and create something, some place that was an indication that I truly existed, even though many times it felt as though I was an invisible S@HM who was swallowed up by the tasks and obligations of small children after having slayed many a dragon as a once upon a time professional working mother.

My god that was a long sentence. *Phew*

As a blogger since 2008, I've seen my writing improve, I've grown as a person and I've found my voice. Where I once thought of myself as a 'Drafting Monkey' I now realize that I am that, but so much more and this blog, this place no longer represents who I see myself to be.

Over the years I've shared stories of my children growing while I hold on by what seems a single thread of sanity during long summer vacations. I've had countless laughs as I put words onto paper of interactions between the MinYons and we their parents. Heartaches and tears have also been shared in talking about the loss, the mourning and the growth achieved from the actual loss of AunT and the virtual loss of my parents and siblings.

And that will continue. I have no idea if I have an audience to 'hear' my voice, but if you are out there, I invite you to join me as I and my little family continue to grow.

I've spent the better part of the weekend moving most of my posts to this site, so that they will continue to live and breath on. You will notice that many of them have been removed from my former blog because like most if not all good things, must come to an end. That included my former blog.

So, at some point, when it feels right it will cease to exist except as a memory. But to me that is not a sad thing. It is something to be celebrated - and so I invite you to join me and I welcome you here, in my little space. Where the only children or dogs allowed are part of the story.

~ Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment