Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Matter of Timing

"Mama?"

"Yes, JB?"

"Don't you need to go to the bathroom?"

"No.  I'm good."

"No, Mama. I think you need to go to the bathroom. Don't you."

"Really, I'm good."

"No. Mama. you need to go to the bathroom NOW."

"Charles, why does she keep telling me I need to go to the bathroom?"

"She's hungry and she wants to eat."

"What in the world does that have to do with me going to the bathroom?"

"Haven't you ever noticed that whenever we go out to eat, you go to the bathroom and when you return our food is at the table?"

".... um.... maybe..."

"Well, they are convinced that if you go to the bathroom, the food will come."

"Yeah Mama. GO to the bathroom. I'm HUNGRY!"

In an effort to end this ridiculous conversation, I complied, and as I returned to the table our food had been served and both BW and JB were happily munching on their french fries.

Yeah. They might be onto something.




1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one this happened to....thanks for helping know I'm not alone in the bathroom/food delivery realm.

    ReplyDelete