Friday, March 29, 2013

What Happened to 'Omni'

Whether we realize it or not, each of us has an influence on those around us, even if we have never actually met or if we are completely unaware of those who stumble into our lives.

One who's writing guided my blogging efforts and helped me to define my personal limits of what I share in this little space was a woman of who blogged under the name of Omni.

While I remember many of the details of her blog, of the stories she shared of the life she led, her family and the devastation of an injury she received from a careless developer who backed into her car with a construction vehicle due to his in-attention and later shirked his duties in taking responsibility for his actions, I am unable to remember the name of her blog.

After the death of AunT, I stopped reading blogs for a long while, instead focusing on life here in our corner of the world; school, the needs of the kids, supporting Charles as he navigated the wasteland of administering an estate, and trying to put the puzzle pieces together of the loss we'd suffered.

Once life regained a new balance, I tried to find Omni, to find her blog and catch up with what she was doing. But it was for not - she was lost to the whims and temporary nature of the Internet.

Should YOU remember reading her works, of her life, her husband and two sons, the garden she grew and the grove of fruit trees she and husband took care of, please let me know.

This life is but a temporary plane, but it is longer lasting than the virtual one we sometimes share, and I'd like to let her know that she is missed.

~ Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment