Saturday, August 14, 2010

Finding the words

To Charles, on this our 17th anniversary.

I never get the words quite right, nor do I have the art of timeliness, but I have such an amazing love and respect for you.

Thank you for sharing this journey, this life with me no matter how many hills or valleys we’ve run across.

Thank you for sharing my days and nights.

Thank you for being the first person I see in the morning, the last one I see at night.

Thank you for your smiles, your humor, your warm touch.

Thank you for your optimism in times when I'm down.

Thank you for always seeing the bright side of situations.

Thank you for being the calm in my storm.

Thank you for being such a wonderful daddy and teacher, even when they drive you crazy.

Thank you for letting me be who I am, for supporting me and encouraging me when I didn't feel strong.

Thank you for holding me when I wasn't able to stand.

Thank you for supporting me even when I was wrong.

Thank you for listening to me, even when I made no sense.

Thank you for teaching me how to laugh, even at myself when I was too serious.

Thank you for being the only man who didn't break my heart after I said the words "I love you".

Thank you for your romance, your ability to find just the right words that make my heart melt.

Thank you for treating me like a queen, even when I didn’t deserve it.

Thank you for taking care of me, for loving me.

Thank you for being my other half.

Thank you for being you.

Thank you for all of our tomorrows.




No comments:

Post a Comment