Monday, July 4, 2011

It's in the bank


While eating grilled shrimp and vegetable kabobs for dinner last night, BW muttered, "Crap. I can't get the tail off." He didn't even notice that he said a 'bad' word until it was pointed out to him.

Charles sputtered "Pardon me BW, what did you say?"

BW focusing solely on his shrimp "Um, what? I don't know. But I can't get this tail off and it's really frustrating me."

"*Sigh* BW, I'm sorry that you are frustrated, but we don't use that word in the house. It's not a good word, so please don't use it again, alright? BW?"

"'k Daddy."

As Charles said this though, he wasn't looking in BWs direction. No, he was in fact looking across the table directly at me, knowing that as with JB, BW most likely picked up this 'choice' word as a result of spending a lot of time with me now that summer is in full swing.

Ever since JB's slip of the tongue, it's only been a matter of time until I was going to be put into the position of setting a good example. And my time had come. Allow me to introduce the 'Mama Swear Jar'. One nickel for every bad word... and when it's full, the kids get donuts.

Hopefully it will take more than a week to fill the damn thing. I certainly don't need them to have any more sugar. They already have a colorful enough vocabulary, and I might go broke feeding their habit.



1 comment:

  1. Hey potty mouth, after talking to u the other night I think u need to put five bucks in the jar! Lol.

    ReplyDelete