Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Side Dishes

JB has moved into an annoying phase, one that many other six year old girls are known to experience. Parents who've survived and remember the actual incoherence of a child's early stages of language development hope never to experience that stage again, yet with daughters sometimes they do as we are now that JB has begun to speak in 'baby talk'.

She is fluent in presenting incomplete sentences in her high pitched voice that simultaneously conveys the meaning of what is being said while being wholly grammatically incorrect and driving me over the edge.

Earlier this week after finishing lunch, JB looked at me and declared "Me done."

"JB, 'Me done' is not a proper sentence. Please say it the way you should."

To which Charles added "'Me done' while not a proper sentence, is however a little known but very tasty Cantonese side dish."

JB, laughing then asked "I'm full mama, may I clear my dishes?"

I'm laughing even now as I write this. The only question I have is where does Charles come up with this stuff?




No comments:

Post a Comment