Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bioescence, hyperdrives and magnets.


I have no idea what the hell those words have to do with each other, or why the boy was yelling them at the top of his lungs in quick succession, but that was my afternoon in a nutshell.

I just know the boy was engrossed in his video game, and thusly left his sister alone.

Sister alone may sound like a good thing, and not having the bickering soundtrack take a rest for the day was very much welcomed... but not having her brother to occupy her time...

Sister came looking for me.


"Ma-Maaaaaaaaa!"



"Ma-Maaaaaaaaa!"



"Where are you Ma-Maaaa?!"

So she found me working in the garden, eeking out the last bit of produce from the garden before the final killing frost set it to bed for the season.

"Mama, can I pick this? Mama, can I pick THIS?  Wait - Can I pick THAT?!"

So it went for 15 or 20 minutes before a spider made its presence known and the girl ran screaming the entire way back to the house with dogs in tow.

Thusly, the garden is mama's playground. The spiders and I, we have a working agreement and it's all about safety in numbers.





No comments:

Post a Comment