Sunday, June 20, 2010

We Flock Together

A night or two ago I had the opportunity to catch up with a good friend, a kindred spirit if you will. We had not had the chance to meet with each other in what seems like ages, when in reality, it had probably only been 3 or 4 weeks.

It was amazing in chatting how much a person's life can change in a very short period of time.

Since we'd last seen each other, the kids finished school, I started volunteering at the local hospital's Emergency Room, School for me started, we planted our garden (well, what little of it we opted to tackle this summer), we've begun what appears to be a bathroom remodeling job (due to a leaky pipe) that won't ever end, and we've been administrating AunT's estate - and oh, the kids are home full time.

She had just as many notable changes to share with me and I hung onto every word she said.
What remains true with her as well as a few other close friends, is that no matter how long it has been since we've last seen each other, we pick up where we left off - as though no time had passed since we'd last talked.

Kindred spirits are like that. There is no awkwardness between them. Whether it's been two days, two months or twenty years the conversation continues as though there was no break in time. They are also the ones you can rely on when sharing news of joys and of sorrows and they love you for who you are, warts, bad moods and all.

It is also true that it is hard to run across and meet up with your kindred, and when you do it's an almost instantaneous recognition. For me it has the benefit of being a joyous occasion - and I feel as though a long lost part of my soul has been found and I am more at ease.

To all my kindreds, I thank you for your friendship. Be you near or far, I love you for who you are and I cherish every moment we have and will share!



No comments:

Post a Comment